Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Taylor's Two Cents on Vinegar and Dawn Shower Cleaner

Oh hi there! Sorry I've been MIA also. While Peggy was Fancy Nancying it up, I was busy graduating from college with my bachelor's degree! (I feel so grown up!) So along with this graduation of mine, I also decided it would be a great idea to throw a graduation party for my brother and I. Seemed like such a good plan at first... More on that later. I don't know how many of you have experienced a college finals week, but it is hard. Really, really hard. You don't really sleep and your brain is just fried 24/7. Add that to working full time, and party planning and I was just running out of time to make my house sparkle and shine for when my mother-in-law, mother, and grandmother would all be inspecting my house. (Don't let me fool you, they're all awesome and relaxed and probably don't care at all, but it stresses me out when they see my house untidy.) One of my least favorite chores EVER is cleaning the shower. It's awkward and hard and you get yourself soaking wet by the time you're done. Or is that just me?

Here's the link I found. I think Peggy might have had a different one.

Peggy mentioned this particular shower cleaner in her last post, but she didn't use it for her shower, she used it for her stove. I, on the other hand, have been using this to clean my shower for about a year now. I LOVE it. Now, I'm not really one of those read the directions all the way through before you start kind of people. I'm more of a jump in, hope you don't screw anything up, fly by the seat of your pants kind of person. So, I didn't read the instructions at all. I just kind of made it up in my head after seeing the picture. So I didn't heat the vinegar up or let it soak on my shower or anything like that. I put the dawn in first, filling about half of the little tube, and then added vinegar, leaving just enough space at the top so that after I put the cap on I could just shake it to mix it all together. It still works like a champ.
Shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture... HEEEY YA! *cough* Oh. My bad. 

My bathroom has the worst lighting on the face of this planet so you can't really see the picture. Sorry. But imagine doing dishes with one of these scrubber things. That's how your shower looks.



And I just scrub away making sure to get suds everywhere. Then I rinse it off. And my shower looks like I just spent an hour cleaning it. (Reality check, it takes about 5 minutes!) Seriously. This stuff is magical. It gets all of the hard water spots, little rusty spots from metal shaving cream bottles, EVERYTHING, off. And you barely have to scrub at all. Total Pinterest win!

1 comment:

  1. I've been using this stuff on my shower door for at least a year, and I LOVE it! The Dawn helps hold the vinegar in place long enough for it to work its magic on the hard water stains. I also use it on my sink to get rid of the hard water spots. You have to rinse it more than "regular" cleaners because of the dishsoap suds, but really? Since it works so much better than those other things, I'm not going to complain!

    ReplyDelete