Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Post From Peggy--Chocolate and a Challenge

Hey Internets! This post is going to be super fast because I am doing this while dinner cooks before I head off to play (and win!) Bunco. Hooray for Bunco!

So..here's the thing. Life is hard, you know? Sometimes it just kicks you in the face and leaves you sputtering and wondering what in the CRAP just happened. And sometimes you get so stuck in muck that you can't even imagine a way out of it. Have you ever felt that way? If your answer is no, you're either a stinkin liar or the luckiest person who ever lived. I know I've felt that way. Lots. And sometimes when I feel that way, someone does the smallest kindest thing that by no means solves my problem but reminds me I am loved.

As I went through my Pinterest boards trying to find a fun project to share with you this week, I did it with a dear friend on my mind and in my heart. She's going through one of those trials right now and I hate to think of how badly her beautiful heart hurts right now and I hate feeling helpless to fix it. (Who wants to rob a bank with me? I'll drive the get-away car!) So I came across this pin and it looked like something I could do easily and quickly, since I had a crapload of things to do today and 2 small kids accompanying me while I did it all. Have you seen this?


The cute girls at eighteen25 have this free printable available with the idea that you could give it to a teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week. I think that's a FABULOUS idea. But I also know someone else who really COULD use a break. My sweet friend! So I printed their printable on some kraft cardstock:

Sweet! Two of them! I can give another one
to someone else who needs a pick-me-up!

I bought some Kit-Kats at the grocery store while I did my grocery shopping, (have you tasted these mini Kit-Kats? I swear they're better than the big ones!) and taped the cut out printable to the bag. I tossed it along with a little bottle of bubble bath and a card telling her how much she blesses my life in a cute cello bag and delivered it to her house. Super easy!



I give this pin two enthusiastic thumbs up for being easy, awesome and inexpensive. You know how much I love those three things!!

Here's the thing though. I wasn't 100% sure I was going to post this because I do have a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" policy but I wanted to share it because I want to challenge you to use this pin. Print this out, spend less than a buck on a Kit Kat and give it to someone who deserves a break. We all could every once in awhile--I know I sure could! 

Next week I'm going to start sharing super fun summer projects and recipes that I do with my kids! I hope you're as excited as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment