Friday, April 18, 2014

A Post from Peggy-Don't Eat Pete! (The Easter Edition)

(Spoiler Alert!) We ate Pete! Okay, so awhile ago, I pinned this onto my Easter board...

...and my adorable friend Sara asked if she could come live at my house since I always pin the funnest things. I told her--and I will tell you--that just because I pin it doesn't mean it actually happens! (ahem! The purpose of this blog! Cough cough!) But I wanted to make this happen because it looked super easy and super fun. Two of my very favorite things! This project didn't involve a special trip to the store and that makes this girl happy. So, class, what do we do first? Gather our materials! I got this printable from the Benson Street blog (link). I will admit that I got a little distracted looking at all of the cute stuff she has there! I think you'll see many more posts from her blog on here..I've gotta try some of that! Anyhoo..so I printed the game sheet and grabbed some Easter M&Ms I had leftover from making cute bday gifts for my sisters in law. Now, on her blog she recommends using those delightful mini Cadbury eggs. I applaud her for her willingness to share those babies with, well, HER babies. In my ever-so-humble opinion, those crunchy, chocolatey bits of heaven were meant to be hidden from the children and eaten after they go to bed. So SHE used them, mine are stashed away where they belong!  


You will also need some willing participants. Those are also VERY easy to find if you tell them you're going to play a game and they get to eat candy.

Don Diego had a friend over so he got to play with us. 
I'm not sure what kind of a game they thought this was...

I've never played Don't Eat Pete before (have you?) so I was glad the instructions were there. First we put candy on each of the dang cute eggs


Then we sent Poquito Tito out of the room while we decided which egg would be "Pete."


He came back in the room and started plucking candies off the paper (and popping them into his mouth) 


and when he started to grab that pink stripey one, we all yelled "DON'T EAT PETE!!" super loud which made him think maybe he was in trouble and was supposed to maybe cry but how can you cry when you have a face full of chocolate? (Answer: you don't--you're too happy from all those chocolate endorphins!)

Once he found Pete, we loaded up the board with more candy and sent someone else out of the room. Here is Don Diego:


Mademoiselle...


R-Diggity...


 Even The Boy got involved! Don't eat Pete, Daddy!


This pin was absolutely, hands down a success. It was super fun and easy and (as you can see) fun for all ages. Poquito Tito is only 2 and he could play the game. Here are the reviews from some of the participants:

Me: Hey, (Don Diego), what did you think of the game?
DD: "It was very fun. It was interesting and tasted delicious. I would recommend it!"

Me: What did you think (Mademoiselle?)
Mselle: "I thinked it was perfect and I think Daddy stole it when we said "Don't Eat Pete." I don't like it when Dad eats Pete. I liked-ed that part."

Okay, so Don Diego's review is a little easier to comprehend. Mademoiselle keeps asking to play it again so I think that even though Daddy stole Pete and ate him, she liked it.

Seriously, friends..there's a few days before Easter still. Print this out and play it--even if you don't have kids, it's a fun and silly way to spend some time together. And eat candy. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment