Saturday, April 26, 2014

A post from Taylor - BACON!

My husband loves bacon. Like, REALLY, loves bacon. Like, would probably eat 3 pounds of it for every single meal if I let him, loves bacon. No exaggeration. So I was REALLY nervous to try this pin that was about cooking bacon in the oven. What if it wasn't as good? What if I messed it up and he hated it?! I can't ruin his favorite food! That would just make me a terrible wife or something, right?! (Geez I hope not.) But this pin just seemed so EASY! Too easy to be true.
Here's the pin I used, but there are several floating around Pinterest.
That pin does a great job of breaking down the process, and I did it exactly like she said. So you can reference that for the how to. Here are pics of it all:
My materials! (A Two Girls and a Pinterest Problem must!)

Not so patiently waiting...

The finished product!
Here's the thing. I was too nervous to cook all of my bacon this way. I cheated. I cooked some of it in a frying pan on the stove top while I waited for the oven bacon to cook. Then I did a blind taste test. We mixed the bacon all together so no one could tell the difference between the baked and the fried. The best part? No one could tell after they ate it either. It was a success! My bacon loving husband likes baked bacon just as much as he likes fried bacon. I win! I can cook bacon without all the mess and grease burns (Don't even worry, I have a scar on my right arm from the grease popping up at me when I was cooking bacon for him. >:l)! So glad I tried this one. And to all you skeptics, do it! It totally works. 

Note: Peggy has done this for awhile now, and she also gives a vote of support to cooking bacon in the oven. That's both of us from Two Girls and a Pinterest Problem with the thumbs up! In case you're keeping count. We are definitely keeping count.


1 comment:

  1. Has the hubs ever had candied bacon? If he's a bacon lover, this is a MUST!

    Prep bacon like you're going to bake it, then sprinkle (and/or DUMP) brown sugar on top. Bacon bacon as per the usual (I usually do 400 for 20 min). The brown sugar caramelizes and fuses itself to the bacon. It is PURE HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete